Impact of Globalization, Speed of Technological Change, and Strategic Agility
- Discuss the impacts of globalization and the role of technology on macroeconomic and organizational changes.
- Discuss the realities of the current global environment and the strategic challenges and priorities for logistics and supply chain management.
- Explore the requirements of agility in the supply chain and the implications for the government.
- Discuss the evolution of logistics and the shifting focus on performance from cost to agility.
- Explore the implications and impacts of rapid change and use of technology for organizational strategies, structures, cultures, and capabilities.
- Discuss strategic leadership, change management and the appropriate application of technology for success.
- Explore private sector supply chain management (SCM) and its evolution as well as best strategic practices, innovations, and adaptations.
Organizational Transformation and Culture Change
- Explore theories of organizational change and culture and how they affect the transformation process (case examples).
- Increase participants’ awareness of the need for culture change and the barriers to organizational transformation.
- Explore the implications of the organizational “mindset” and culture for sustainability and joint interoperability.
- Explore responsibility and accountability for change in organizations.
- Discuss how individuals can initiate and sustain positive change efforts.
Customer Driven Structures, Partnerships, and Alliances
- Explore a private sector case study on global logistics transformation.
- Discuss the importance of a customer perspective in structuring and executing logistics and supply chain management.
- Discuss the value of public/private partnerships and alliances in meeting customer demands.
- Explore critical success factors for leaders in transforming large scale global logistics organizations.
Product Life Cycle and Supply Chain Management
- Explore the interaction between product life cycle management and supply chain management.
- Discuss systems engineering approaches and advances that facilitate transformational logistics systems for life cycle support.
- Survey upcoming changes in the nature of systems and the resulting impact on logistics support.
- Discuss the role of logistics in system design and maintenance system development and operation.
- Review common systems improvement techniques: Lean, Six Sigma, Theory of Constraints, and others.
- Explore the language of logistics and supply chain management.
- Explore the nature of supply chains.
- Explore strategies used by the leading companies and organizations to improve supply chain performance.
- Understand the “levers” leaders can use to improve supply chain performance.
- Discuss the challenges of SCM and ways to respond to global challenges.
Technology and Organizational Innovation (Smart Supply Chains)
- Explore IT innovations and issues that will drive logistics practices in the future.
- Explore how companies use technology for competitive advantages.
- Discuss how technology affects organization structures and processes.
- Explore technology as an enabler for transformation.
- Explore how individuals think about SCM and Logistics and new technologies.
- Explore the drivers of decision making regarding information and systems.
- Discuss innovative wireless technology applications to military logistics challenges.
- Explore emerging wireless technologies and their capabilities.
- Discuss emerging technology applications and lessons learned in the private and military sectors.
- Discuss how to make decisions for customer solutions.